Install Threaded Brakes w/ crush washer
Shooting a High Powered Rifle creates a peak noise level that is damaging to the Human ear.
We recommend that all our customers take adequate precautions to prevent hearing damage while shooting.
We accept no responsibility for Hearing Damage caused while using any of our products.
HexMod Blind Bushing installation:
- Clear the Weapon!!! Installation on a loaded weapon can kill you.
- Remove existing muzzle device/flash hider/thread protector.
- With a stiff brush and gun cleaning oil, clean any carbon from the threads.
- Install crushwasher (concave side forward).
- Thread Muzzle Brake on until it touches crushwasher, tighten until level (at least ¼ turn, crushwasher should allow more than 360degrees, but worst case you’ll only need ¾ turn to level the brake.
- Check alignment of rifle bore and brake bore. If there are any
doubts that the bores are aligned properly, DO NOT SHOOT
THE WEAPON, until you have confirmed alignment or rectified
- You are now ready to check zero and adjust POA if necessary.
If there is ever any signs of damage to the brake, cease use
until the brake can be checked for functionability.
- Check with the Firearm
Manufacturer whether the
firearm is designed to be used
with a Muzzle Brake
- Never use SABOT or
SHOTSHELLS in conjunction
with a Muzzle Brake, or fireform
with “cream of wheat” with brake
- Before shooting, check the
correct torque of the clamping
screws and the position of the
Muzzle Brake. With long shot
strings, carry out this check
periodically ( approx. every 50
- The propellant gases, including
particles of unburned powder,
dust and or moisture will be
accelerated – exhausted
sideways from the Muzzle Brake
Safety Distance min. 1ydð
Wear Ear Protectionð
Wear Eye Protectionð